Here is my 2nd attempt at the Summer Blouse from Weekend Sewing. I think I’ve decided that these blouses should be renamed Ladybug Blouses.
I’m feeling a little more confident the 2nd time around. I was willing to use some of my favorite ladybug fabric. I used a white background fabric for the main blouse, and a different yellow background ladybug fabric for the placket and bias trimming.
Recalling my disaster with the button loop, I decided to forego the button loop and button altogether. I kept the idea of trimming the sleeves with the contrasting bias tape. Since I had trimmed the pattern after I finished my first blouse, there were very few alterations I had to make on this blouse, other then evening out the bottom hem, and trimming about an inch on the sleeves.
I also made another head scarf, but out of a different pink ladybug background fabric. The 2nd time around went much quicker, with almost no seams needing to be ripped out.